These Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bites will be the easiest homemade gift you make this year!
I am so excited to have my friend Kim from Today’s Creative Life here today.
Homemade gifts from the kitchen are always my plan for my neighbors. It’s gotta be something easy, because no matter how organized I am, I seem to be scrambling the week of Christmas. A
This year, I will be making these mouth watering dark chocolate fruit and nut bites.
With Christmas neighbor gifts, it doesn’t have to be anything big, it’s the gesture that counts. You can make any gift look festive with some cute packaging like these fox and deer Merry Christmas tags.
- Dark Chocolate – I used the dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe’s.
- A selection of dried fruits and nuts
- Sea Salt
- Parchment paper
- 2 or 4 cup glass measuring cup
- small ladle or spoon
I shopped the fruit and nut aisle of Trader Joe’s and grabbed a variety of flavors, shapes and color.
I also grabbed about 4 or 5 dark chocolate bars. I broke them apart and melted them in my microwave. I checked on it about every 30 seconds to make sure it didn’t burn, stirring at each interval.
Once melted, I used a small ladle to pour directly onto parchment paper. They will flatten into the most wonderful little discs.
This is where the fun begins! Grab your fruit and nuts and add to the tops of each disc.
Break up or chop the walnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, and cashews. I used kitchen shears to cut the dried mango and candied ginger into small bits.
Once you’ve placed all your goodies on top, let it sit for about 10 minutes before sprinkling a little sea salt on top.
I just love how they look! They look so fancy. No one will guess that they only took about 10 minutes of my time.
I had planned on just stacking them in a clear cellophane bag and tying them with a festive ribbon and a gift tag.
So easy and so beautiful!
I ended up using these cute little gift boxes I found at Michaels. I adore the scalloped top and they already come with ribbon. Even easier!
Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bites
- 14 oz Dark Chocolate 4 dark chocolate bars
- 1 c dried fruit
- 1 c nuts
- sea salt
- Assemble your fruits and nuts on a plate. Break up larger nuts and slice larger fruits.
- Break up and melt the chocolate bars in your microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir at each interval.
- Once the chocolate is melted, use a small ladle to scoop and pour the chocolate onto parchment paper.
- Start placing the fruits and nuts onto each chocolate disc.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before sprinkling a small amount of salt onto each disc.
- Let them sit for at least 2 or 3 hours before stacking for gift giving.