Spiced nuts are a perfect combo of sweet and spice, cinnamon and sugar. These nuts are perfect for a holiday gift or holiday party snack.
Spiced nuts are quick and easy to make and you feel like you are almost eating something healthy! At least it’s not pure sugar! Have you ever been to the fair or the farmer’s market and smelled the amazing sugary and spicy nuts cooking away? That is how your house is going to smell while you are baking these.
My friend Sherra’s husband is the spiced nut maker at their house and this is his recipe. Thanks PhilBillPaul! His recipe calls for almonds but I used a combination of pecans and almonds instead. Since they are from Georgia I’m sure they won’t mind at all! I love putting a handful of spiced nuts on my cookie plate as well as wrapping them up in a little cellophane bag and using it as the perfect hostess gift.
Spiced nuts are easy to make. You’ll need some nuts, sugar, egg white, salt, water and cinnamon. Like I mentioned above, I like to use a combo of pecans and almonds, but pecans are definitely my favorite. You want raw nuts, not roasted or salted.
- Beat your egg whites until they are frothy.
- Add nuts to egg whites and stir to coat.
- Coat nuts with sugar and spice mixture. You can do this in a large zippered plastic bag. Shake well to make sure all the nuts are coated.
- Place coated nuts on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for one hour. Be sure and stir every 15 minutes to make sure the nuts are well coated and cook evenly.
That’s it! The hardest part is not eating them all yourself.
How long will spiced nuts keep?
Store spiced nut in an airtight container such as a plastic food container, a zippered plastic bag, or a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. When properly stored, they will keep for up to 2 weeks. Although, they never go that long without being eaten at my house. They are the perfect make a head gift for your holiday party because they keep so well.
Make sure to check out more of my festive holiday treats:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 3 cups raw nuts almonds or pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1 jelly roll pan
- Beat egg white and water together until frothy
- Add nuts to egg mixture and stir to coat
- Mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat (can use a plastic zippered bag)
- Spread nuts on your pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted February 11, 2009