Spiced nuts are a perfect combo of sweet and spice, cinnamon and sugar. These nuts are perfect for a holiday gift or holiday party snack.
Have you ever been to the fair or the farmer’s market and smelled the amazing sugary and spicy nuts cooking away? That is how your house is going to smell while you are baking these.
Spiced nuts are quick and easy to make and you will love the delicious flavor of the sugar and cinnamon. You can use your favorite nut, but it works best with pecans and almonds. You can choose one or make both!
They are a fun holiday treat to enjoy with your family, serve at a holiday party, or wrap them up in a little cellophane bag to use as a neighbor gift.
- Raw Nuts, pecans and almonds
- Egg Whites
How To Make Spiced Nuts
- Beat your egg whites until they are frothy.
- Add nuts to egg whites and stir to coat.
- Coat nuts with sugar and spice mixture. You can do this in a large zippered plastic bag. Shake well to make sure all the nuts are coated.
- Place coated nuts on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for one hour. Be sure and stir every 15 minutes to make sure the nuts are well coated and cook evenly.
How Long Will Spiced Nuts Keep?
Store spiced nut in an airtight container such as a plastic food container, a zippered plastic bag, or a mason jar with a tight fitting lid. When properly stored, they will keep for up to 2 weeks. Although, they never go that long without being eaten at my house. They are the perfect make a head gift for your holiday party because they keep so well.
That’s it! The hardest part is not eating them all yourself.
Make sure to check out more of my festive holiday treats:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 3 cups raw nuts almonds or pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1 jelly roll pan
- Beat egg white and water together until frothy
- Add nuts to egg mixture and stir to coat
- Mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat (can use a plastic zippered bag)
- Spread nuts on your pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.