Cinnamon Coffee Cake is perfect breakfast, but decadent enough to be dessert!
I first had this cinnamon coffee cake for Easter Breakfast! But it was way too good to wait until next Easter to enjoy again. The recipe comes from my friend Loi Palmer. Loi always has lots of yummy recipes to share. I have tried a lot of recipes for different variations of cinnamon coffee cake but I have to say this one is my new favorite! It is so yummy and gooey!
The recipe is easy because it is made with a cake mix! A yummy cinnamon mixture is swirled into the batter and then more batter and cinnamon mixture on top!
It is topped with a powdered sugar drizzle.
It is made in a 9 x 13 pan which at Easter with only 3 of us at home was just too much food. I sent half of it next door for one of our neighbors to enjoy on their Easter morning.
Less than five minutes after my husband returned from the delivery my neighbor was on the phone telling me how wonderful it was and that her husband and daughter were fighting over the yummy topping on the cake!
It is so yummy and good it could be served for dessert too!
Check out more of unforgettable cinnamon recipes:
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
This delicious cinnamon coffee cake is super easy to make with a box cake base, but is dressed up with a cinnamon swirl and glaze that make it look like it comes from a bakery.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3/4 C oil
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 C chopped pecans I left out
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- To prepare icing blend all 4 ingredients well and drizzle over cake while still warm
- With an electric mixer blend cake mix, oil brown sugar, eggs and sour cream
- For the cinnamon swirl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans in a separate bowl. Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 cake pan
- Pour half of the cake batter into the baking pan
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture and swirl over the batter lightly
- Pour the rest of the cake batter into the pan
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon nut mixture over the top of the batter
- Run a knife through the cake, mix to swirl the cinnamon - be careful not to touch the bottom of the pan with the knife
- Bake for 35-45 minutes
- Drizzle icing over the top of the baked cake while still warm. Enjoy!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.