Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a classic, especially at the holiday time. They are a fudgy brownie like chocolate cookie dipped in powdered sugar that crinkle as they bake.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a pretty traditional Christmas cookie and make an appearance every year on our cookie plate. They are a popular one for a cookie exchange too but they are so yummy they should not be reserved just for the holidays!
These are fun cookies to make with kids or grandkids. They love helping to roll them in the powdered sugar.
- Flour. I use unbleached all purpose flour
- Oil. This recipe uses oil instead of butter. I use either vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Granulated Sugar. Gives the cookie flavor and texture.
- Cocoa Powder. I use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Powdered Sugar. Used for rolling the cookie dough.
- Eggs. Do not use an egg substitute. The eggs help achieve the crackled effect.
- Salt, Baking Powder and Vanilla.
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Mix together sugar and oil and beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combine. Dough will be wet.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-24 hours.
- Scoop dough into balls and roll balls of dough into powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Err on the side of under cooked with these cookies. Bake them a minute less than you think they need. That way you will have a crisp edge and they will still be nice and chewy in the middle.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Do you have a favorite, traditional cookie you have to make every holiday?
Check. out more of my favorite chocolate cookie recipes:
Be sure and follow me on YouTube for lots of recipe videos!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling cookies
- Beat sugar and oil together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix n flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder until combined. Dough will be wet. Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Form balls of dough, about 1 1/4 inch. Roll to cover completely in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper, placing cookies 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Err on the side of undercooked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.