Enjoy these flavorful and easy to prepare chipotle chicken tacos for dinner this week.
Tacos are one of our favorite things to get when we eat out to eat. And they are also one of our favorite things to make at home. Every day should be taco Tuesday! The next time you have a craving for a delicious chicken taco, try these yummy Chipotle Chicken Tacos. They are super easy to make and so flavorful.
How to Make Chipotle Chicken
The chicken for these tacos marinades in a delicious chipotle lime sauce. I highly recommend using boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. If you , just can’t do thighs, go ahead and use a chicken breast. But a thigh is always going to be nice and juicy coming off the grill. Chicken breasts tend to dry out quickly, so make sure to watch them on the grill. Don’t overcook them!
Marinade your chicken for 8-24 hours in a mixture of chipotle chiles, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, lime and vegetable oil. You can turn up the heat as high as you want, just add more chiles. I like a low heat so I only used 2. After marinading your meat place it onto a broiler tray or some kind of metal baking rack.
Broil for 5 minutes on one side and then flip it over and 5 minutes on the other side. You could also throw it on the grill if you prefer.
Then just slice it up and serve it up on your favorite tortilla. We go for corn tortillas at our house. Then add your favorite taco toppings. We used onion, cilantro and lettuce.
Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 chipotle chiles canned, use less for less heat
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
- corn tortillas
- In a blender mix together garlic, chiles, sugar, salt, chile powder, lime zest, lime juice and oil.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in a plastic bag with chicken and seal. Marinade for 8-14 hours in refrigerator.
- Place rack in oven 5 inches below broiler and preheat.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan or metal baking rack.
- Broil until chicken is well browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Flip chicken and brown second side for about 5 minutes.
- Allow meat to sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice meat and serve with toppings on tortilla.