This Copycat Chipotle Guacamole Recipe tastes just like the real thing! And with just 6 ingredients, it is easy to make.
Guacamole is always a crowd favorite. The most important rule for making this Chipotle Guacamole is to use fresh ingredients and ripe avocados. If you need tips on picking the perfect avocado, check out my advice on how to tell if an avocado is ripe.
- Avocados – make sure to use ripe avocados, but not overly ripe. When you squeeze the avocado with the palm of your hand, it should give just a little. If the avocado is too firm, a couple of days on the counter should ripen it up nicely!
- Jalapeño Pepper – make sure to remove all of the seeds for a milder guacamole. If you want more kick, you can add more jalapeños.
- Red Onion – dice finely
- Cilantro – tear of the leaves and chop
- Lime Juice – make sure to juice your own limes. Don’t use bottled lime juice for this.
- Salt – you are going to start with 3/4 of a tsp, but you can add more to taste.
Dice up your avocados, peppers, onions and cilantro. Add in the lime juice and salt and then mash it to your favorite guacamole consistency. I like mine, not too chunky and not too smooth. Just like the original Chipotle guacamole.
Chipotle Guacamole is great to serve with many of your favorite Mexican food dishes. Or you can just grab a bag of chips and enjoy!
Pair This with:
Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
Chipotle Guacamole (Copycat)
- 3 ripe avocados diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced small
- 3/4 C red onion diced small
- 3/4 C cilantro diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Dice up avocados and add in lime juice and mash to desired consistency.
- Add in onion, pepper, salt and cilantro and mix to combine.
- Serve with chips
Leave a Review