Chinese Green Beans are just like they serve at your favorite Chinese restaurant. They are the perfect side dish to any meal.
I love making my favorite Chinese take out dishes at home. It is quicker and usually just as delicious if not more! Some of my favorites are Mongolian Beef, Sweet and Sour Pork and Orange Chicken. I even like making my own Fried Rice at home.
How to Make Chinese Green Beans
- Snap off the ends of the beans, wash them and dry with a paper towel.
- In a large frying pan, I like to use my cast iron pan, heat up your oil. Peanut oil works well or you can use vegetable oil. You can use a wok if you have one or any large frying pan.
- Cook until the beans begin to shrivel and parts start to turn brown. Cook to your desired doneness. Some people like their beans a little crunchy or you may prefer them more limp and soft. You get to choose!
- Depending on the size of your pan and the amount of beans you are doing you may need to do them in batches. Don’t overcrowd them in the pan.
- After they are all cooked, combine them together into the pan. You still want them to be slightly crisp – not totally shriveled up!
- Add in the garlic and stir for a few minutes. You want to be able to smell the garlic.
- Add in your mixture of black bean sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and chili garlic sauce. Stir them a bit more and they are ready to go. You can control the heat of the dish by the amount of chili garlic sauce you put in. It does have a bit of a kick so use less if you don’t want much heat.
They are the perfect side dish for any Chinese dish you may be serving but work well with other main dishes as well, it doesn’t have to be Chinese. These green beans are one of my family’s favorite vegetables and we eat them with everything!
Other Asian Inspired Recipes:
- Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Lemon Chicken
- General Tso Chicken
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Asian Green Bean Recipe
Chinese Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tsp peanut oil or canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp black bean sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Wash and pat dry the beans. Snap the ends off of the beans.
- Mix together black bean sauce, garlic sauce, pepper, soy sauce and sugar and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Once hot, add beans in a single layer. May have to do multiple batches. time. Don't over-crowd the pan.
- Cook until they are begin to shrivel and turn brown in places. Transfer to a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and cook your next batch.
- The beans should still be crisp at this point, not mushy.
- Put all the beans back into the pan and then add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant. Add the sauce. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Originally shared February 7, 2012.
If you’ve tried these Chinese Style Green Beans or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, party ideas and travel tips and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Leave a Review