Chicken Potstickers make a fun and delicious appetizer that can be served as a main dish too.
How to Make Chicken Potstickers
I like to use ground chicken in mine but you could use ground turkey or ground pork.
- Combine ground meat with garlic, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, rice vinegar, chili oil and a pinch of sugar for lots of yummy flavor.
The only other thing you will need are some potsticker or won ton wrappers. They can be found in the produce section of the grocery store. Just place a large teaspoon of filling on the wrapper.
- Dip your finger into water and run it around the bottom two edges of the wrapper.
- Add a spoonful of the meat filling and fold the top part of the wrapper over and seal the edges shut. The water will act like glue and keep the filling from seeping out as they cook.
- Heat some oil (about 2-3 Tbsp) in a heavy skillet over medium heat. I like to use my cast iron skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the potstickers in a single layer and cook until golden and crisp. About 2 minutes per side. You want to make sure the ground chicken cooks through all the way.
- Garnish with some chopped green onion and dip them into soy sauce and enjoy!
Potstickers are usually served as an appetizer but I like to enjoy them as a main dish and they make a perfect lunch.
Can I Freeze Potstickers?
You can make up a bunch of the potstickers and then freeze them before cooking them and just pull them out as you need them and fry them up in oil. You can cook them while they are still frozen. Be sure and flash freeze them in a single layer so they don’t stick together.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Chicken Potsticker Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 36 – 2 inch won ton wrappers
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- soy sauce for dipping
- In a bowl combine the chicken garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, rice vinegar, chili oil, pepper, sugar
- To assemble the potstickers, place 1 Tbsp of filling in the bottom half of the wrapper. Use your finger to rub the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the wrapper over in half to cover the filling and form a triangle.
- Pinch the edges closed.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add potstickers, in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with soy sauce.