Caramel Sundae Cookies are an amazing combo of chocolate, toffee and caramel. You won’t even miss the ice cream.
I love a good ice cream sundae. My favorite sundae is vanilla ice cream with caramel and hot fudge sauce on it. And a sprinkle of toffee chips! I like a bit of crunch on my ice cream. These caramel sundae cookies include all my favorite sundae flavors except for the vanilla ice cream! But you could always make an ice cream sandwich out of them and then you would have the ice cream too!
I only make these cookies when I have a party or potluck to go to. The reason is that if I don’t, they are so good, I end up eating them all myself. I must have somewhere to take this cookies and someone to share them with for my own safety.
The cookie itself, has chocolate chips and toffee bits in the dough. If you are a “nuts in your baked goods” kind of person you may want to include some chopped pecans. But I am not that kind of person. The crowning touch is melted chocolate and melted caramel bits drizzled over the top.
Allow the caramel and chocolate drizzle to set up a bit before serving for less mess. Sometimes I just can’t wait that long so I’ll pop them in the refrigerator for a few minutes and that takes care of the problem.
This is a good one and I guarantee you, you’ll get asked for the recipe or if you’re me, you’ll be asked “is the recipe on the blog?!” I always know I’ve got a winner when that is the first question people ask. Now I can answer, yes! It’s on the blog!!
Check out more of my favorite cookie recipes
Caramel Sundae Cookie Recipes
Caramel Sundae Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until well mixed.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat just until mixed.
- Add in 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and toffee bits
- Scoop cookies onto greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- Remove baked cookies to cooling rack. Cool.
- Melt caramels and whipping cream over medium low heat. Stir until smooth and melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies. Add a little vegetable oil to melted to chocolate if needed to get the proper drizzling consistency. Allow caramel and chocolate to set up after drizzling.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.