Turn a regular Rice Krispie treat into a fun candy corn Rice Krispie treat in minutes.
If you’ve been reading my blog for long you know that I LOVE candy corn. I go through bags of it each Halloween season. I think it is just about the cutest candy there is, can candy be cute?
So not only do I love candy corn but I love anything candy corn shaped.
How To Make Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- Make up a batch of Rice Krispies using this recipe.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Use a candy corn shaped cookie cutter, yes, I have a candy corn shaped cookie cutter, doesn’t everyone?! If you don’t have one you could just cut the shape out of paper and use it as a template. An Easter Egg cookie cuter would work too.
- Dip the top half of the candy cane shaped Rice Krispie treat into white melted candy melts.
- Place on a wax paper covered baking sheet and allow to set up.
- After they have set up, dip the other half into melted orange melts.
- Sprinkle the bottom half with yellow sprinkles while it is still wet.
What are Candy Melts?
Wilton’s candy melts can be purchased at local craft stores, cake decorating stores or online on Amazon. They melt easily a nd smoothly and are available in different colors. You will need a bag of white and a bag of orange candy melts. Melt them in the microwave.
Allow to totally set up before serving. If they are slow to harden you can refrigerate them to speed up the process.
Check out more fun Halloween ideas:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 12 oz. box of crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butter cut into pieces
- 10 oz. white Wilton melts
- 10 oz. orange Wilton melts
- yellow sprinkles
- Place marshmallows and butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.
- Stir until marshmallows and butter are melted and smooth. If butter is not totally melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour in cereal.
- Stir until cereal is totally coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and press down into pan. Allow to cool and set up.
- Cut into candy corn shapes
- Melt chocolate and dip top 1/3 of candy corn into white melts.
- Set on a parchment covered baking sheet and allow to set up.
- Dip the bottom remainder of the candy corn shape into the orange melts.
- Sprinkle bottom 1/3 with yellow sprinkles. Allow to fully set up before serving.