This Frosted Candy Bar Sugar Cookie is a fun way to enjoy your favorite candy bar and cookie in one!
Next to a chocolate chip cookie, a frosted sugar cookie is my favorite. A sugar cookie must have frosting, it’s required at our house. Today’s recipe for a frosted candy bar sugar cookie meets all my requirements for a good sugar cookie. It’s crispy on the edges but chewy in the middle and it has frosting.
This sugar cookie gets even better, it uses a crunchy peanut butter candy bar (aka Butterfingers) too. The candy bar is in the sugar cookie itself and then sprinkled on top of the frosting. Butterfingers are a favorite at our house but a Heath bar would be pretty yummy too. You want the candy bar to have a little crunch to it.
My cookie cravings usually lean towards chocolate chip but sometimes nothing will quite do but a good frosted sugar cookie. There is a deli that is about an hour from my home that sells my favorite sugar cookie. I made my own copycat version here. The deli is on the way to my mother’s house, and I love to time it so I can make a stop at the deli and pick up my favorite frosted sugar cookie when I go up to see my mom.
This frosted candy bar version is definitely a new favorite at our house and I can’t wait to try the recipe with some of our other favorite candy bars.
Printable Recipe for Frosted Candy Bar Sugar Cookie
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate covered crunchy peanut butter candy bars divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in another bowl; beat until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture; just until mixed. Stir in 3/4 cup chopped candy bars.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cookies are cracked on top.
- Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup butter in bowl. Beat at medium speed, adding enough milk for desired frosting consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies; sprinkle with remaining chopped candy bars.
Recipe from Land O Lakes.
For other yummy cookie recipes try some of these:
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.