An unusual combination that works! White Chocolate Frito Popcorn may sound strange but you won’t be able to stop eating it!
I love just about anything that is covered in or includes white chocolate. These Salted White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are so good!! White Chocolate Toffee Blondies are just as amazing and White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is pretty and delicious!
Years ago I was in a Bunco group, until they kicked me out because I missed too many times. Yes, I am Bunco reject.
The best part of bunco was the yummy treats people would serve. There is one particular treat that stands out in my mind above all others.
One night I was sitting at the bunco table, mindlessly throwing my dice and talking. On each table there was always a bowl of some kind of treat. This particular night it was white chocolate covered popcorn. But it wasn’t just popcorn. They had added Fritos into the mix and it took it to a whole new level. The saltiness of the Fritos did amazing things to the white chocolate popcorn and I was in love.
The Bunco host’s particular version did not include the M & M’s. I threw those in for good measure and to make it a little prettier and I had a bag of Easter M & M’s in the pantry! Everything is better with M & M’s – right?
It’s a super quick and easy snack and it is addictive.
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn
- Using an air popper or on the stove top, pop 8 cups of popped popcorn. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn into a large bowl and add in Fritos.
- Melt a pound of white chocolate melts or almond bark in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Pour melted mixture over the popcorn and Fritos and stir to coat.
- Spread it out on a cookie sheet or a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on the table and then sprinkle the top with the M&M’s while the chocolate is still wet and warm.
- Allow to cool. To quicken the cooling process you can put it into the refrigerator. Let cool.
- The white chocolate popcorn will stay fresh for up to a week if you keep it in an airtight container.
This may seem like a strange combination but trust me on this one! It’s addictive.
We are huge popcorn fans at our house and here are some of our favorites:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
White Chocolate Frito Popcorn Recipe
White Chocolate Frito Popcorn Mix
- 8 cups of popped popcorn remove unpopped kernels
- 1 lb. white chocolate almond bark or melts
- 2 cups Fritos broken up but not crushed
- 1 cup M & M's
- Put popped corn and broken up Fritos into bowl
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove top
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to coat completely
- Pour onto a was paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with M & M's while chocolate is still warm and wet.
- Allow to set up and dry
Originally posted March 11, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!