An unusual combination that works! White Chocolate Frito Popcorn may sound strange but you won’t be able to stop eating it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is a fun treat that you will love. Popcorn and Fritos are covered in white chocolate and tossed with M&Ms. The perfect mix of salty and sweet. Change up the color of the M&Ms for a fun holiday treat.
It is easy to put together and is sure to be a crowd favorite!
- popped popcorn, make sure to remove any unpopped kernels
- white chocolate, almond bark or melts
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn
- Using an air popper or on the stove top, pop 8 cups of popped popcorn. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn into a large bowl and add in Fritos.
- Melt a pound of white chocolate melts or almond bark in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Pour melted mixture over the popcorn and Fritos and stir to coat.
- Spread it out on a cookie sheet or a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on the table and then sprinkle the top with the M&M’s while the chocolate is still wet and warm.
- Allow to cool. To quicken the cooling process you can put it into the refrigerator. Let cool.
- The white chocolate popcorn will stay fresh for up to a week if you keep it in an airtight container.
This may seem like a strange combination but trust me on this one! It’s addictive.
Check out more of my favorite popcorn recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
White Chocolate Frito Popcorn Mix
- 8 cups of popped popcorn remove unpopped kernels
- 1 lb. white chocolate almond bark or melts
- 2 cups Fritos broken up but not crushed
- 1 cup M & M's
- Put popped corn and broken up Fritos into bowl
- Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove top
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to coat completely
- Pour onto a was paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with M & M's while chocolate is still warm and wet.
- Allow to set up and dry