Breakfast Pizza is all of your favorite breakfast ingredients in one dish.
Breakfast pizza is another one of those family favorite recipes that everyone loves and can easily be modified to include all of your favorite breakfast ingredients. The recipe is easy to put together, utilizing canned crescent roll dough for the crust. You can see for yourself just how quickly breakfast pizza comes together in the video at the end of this post.
The holidays are here – are you ready for the craziness? I decided I needed a little peace before the storm so I decided to invite a few girlfriends I don’t get to see very often over for a pre-holiday breakfast this past weekend.
Everytime I do something like this I end up asking myself, “Why don’t I do this more often?” There is no better way to spend time than at a table surrounded by good friends, good food, good conversation and laughter. It is during that time at the table that life seems to slow down, almost come to a stop and you can just soak up all the goodness that comes with good friends, good food and good conversation.
I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to checking things off the list, rushing to the next event or project. Especially during the holiday season. How often do we take the time out of that craziness to truly stop and enjoy the details of our life? Because they are there. I am a firm believer that life is in the details. When we take time to slow down long enough to see and appreciate the details of our life, life becomes more meaningful and more beautiful. I spent a whole year of my life looking for the pretty in each and every day and it has now become a habit. The pretty is there, each and every day if we will only take the time to stop, notice it and enjoy it!
I am grateful that this weekend I was able to stop and enjoy some of the amazing women that are in my life. I was able to prepare some yummy food, set a pretty table and enjoy time with them. Soaking in their goodness and their light.
I served one of our family’s favorite breakfast items – breakfast pizza!
How to make breakfast pizza
Breakfast pizza is made with a crust of the crescent roll dough that comes in the tube. Open the can and spread the dough out on a cookie sheet. If you use a half size cookie sheet that measures 9 x 12 inches it will fit perfectly. Once the dough is unrolled, then press the dough to fill the cookie sheet. Be sure there are no holes or perforations in the dough.
Then, sprinkle the dough with cooked Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage. I used the round patties and then broke them up, but you can dice sausage links or use ground sausage.
Next, I added a layer of thawed hash browns and grated cheese.
The breakfast pizza bakes for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
More delicious breakfast recipes:
My favorite kitchen tools for making BREAKFAST PIZZA:
SHEET PAN – I have at least six of these in my kitchen. I use them everyday. The 13 x 18 size is perfect and I use them for everything!
PYREX BOWLS – I love my Pyrex bowls and actually own a couple of sets. Perfect for mixing or serving.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville breakfast sausage patties
- 1 pkg. 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen loose pack cubed hash brown potatoes thawed (I put in the refrigerator and let thaw overnight)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese I use Kraft
- Cook sausage until well browned, drain fat. Break it up as you cook it so it is like ground sausage.
- Press crescent roll dough into a 9 x 12 cookie sheet or an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan with points toward the center. Press over bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations (important) Spoon sausage over the crust.
- Sprinkle with potatoes and top with cheddar cheese. (You can make it to this point the night ahead of time, cover with plastic and refrigerate)
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over crust in the middle – it will seep out to the edges on its own. If you pour it near the edges it may overflow.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese over all.
- Bake at 375 oven for 25-30 minutes.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!