Almond Texas Sheet Cake for Two is lightly flavored with almond and is moist, tender, delicious and totally addictive!
My goal since I started sharing small batch recipes was to make small batch versions of all my favorite treats so I could still enjoy them as an empty nester without the temptation to eat too much with a full size batch!
You went crazy over my Chocolate Sheet Cake for Two (Texas Sheet Cake) and I know you are going to love this Almond Texas Sheet Cake for Two just as much.
Quick and Easy Dessert
This Almond Sheet cake is the favorite cousin of the Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake. It has a moist, tender cake lightly flavored with almond extract. The frosting is also almond flavored and so good! The cake is quick and easy to make and you can have dessert ready in 30 minutes.
A regular Texas sheet cake serves 24, a lot of cake! This is where it gets it’s name from because we all know everything is bigger in Texas!
This small batch version only makes 4-6 pieces and is the perfect amount of your reduced size group. This cake is totally addictive so being able to make a smaller batch will save your waistline!
How to Make an Almond Sheet Cake for Two
- Place butter and water into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes and combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add egg yolk, sour cream and almond extract to water mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9 x 6″ baking pan with non stick spray and pour in the batter. It is a thin batter.
- Bake at 350 degreesF for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool.
Almond Sheet Cake Frosting
- Combine butter and milk in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add in powdered sugar and extract. Stir unti smooth.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish cake with sliced almonds.
- Slice cake into 4-6 pieces.
Every time I take this to a party it disappears and I am always asked for the recipe multiple times. It is the perfect amount of cake for 2-4 people.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Almond Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Texas Almond Sheet Cake for Two
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Place butter an water in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add extract, sour cream and egg yolk to water/butter mixture.
- Pour liquid ingredient into dry ingredient. Stir just until combined.
- Grease baking pan and pour in cake batter, it is very thin.
- Bake at 350 degree F. for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool
- Combine butter and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boi.
- Add in powdered sugar and almond extract. Stir until smooth.
- Add in any additional milk if needed for a nice spreading consistency.
- Frost cake and garnish with sliced almonds.