One of my favorite things to do in all my “free time” is browse food blogs. You can get quite lost out there in food blog land as you click from one link to another. One night I stumbled across a new blog, Creating Post It Notes. I’m not sure how I got there but I copied off this recipe to try out.
Jim is out of town this week so it was the perfect time to make it. With the new diet he is on for his Meiners Disease he can’t eat pasta and the girls and I LOVE pasta so I took advantage.
This recipe is definitely a keeper – we all loved it. Even my big college boy Clark loved it – he ate up all the leftovers for lunch today (although he did pick out most of the sun-dried tomatoes!)
I used a corkscrew pasta (fusilli) and used pancetta bacon but you could use regular bacon just as easily. I grilled the chicken breast but any leftover cooked chicken would work.
After our morning in the Emergency Room I needed quick, easy and yummy and this was it! Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. fusilli pasta cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes cut up
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 slices bacon chopped (or pancetta)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast diced
- 4-5 Tbsp. pesto
- Parmigiano reggiano cheese shaved
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Boil pasta in a stock pot for 8 minutes
- Drain and rinse with cold water
- Set aside
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and cook bacon or pancetta
- When halfway cooked, add the olive oil and garlic
- Saute for 30 seconds
- Add the cooked chicken
- Add the pasta and sun-dried tomatoes
- Toss to coat
- Add the pesto, using more or less dependig on your taste
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the parsley
- Shave parmigiano reggiano over top
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!