As promised I am going to be sharing some of my favorite “green” recipes the next few days in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
Truth be told, I am not a big fan of St. Patrick’s Day. In fact I have even been known to NOT wear green on St. Patrick’s Day – even though it is my favorite color!
Growing up I was NOT a fan of green foods. In fact, the only green food I ate was green beans – out of a can!
As I have gotten older my green food repertoire has definitely expanded. We have a rule at our dinner table that there must be at least one green food on your plate!
Today’s green recipe is for asparagus – one of my favorite vegetables. I love it because it is so easy to prepare. It can be ready to go in less than fifteen minutes!
I am a little picky about my asparagus – it has to be thin. I do not like the big, thick, woody stalks.
I have tried lots of different asparagus recipes but I always come back to this one. It comes from one of my favorite Food Network stars – Ina Garten the Barefoot Contessa.
Like I said, it is easy to prepare.
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cut off an inch or so from the bottom of the stalks
- Lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and return to oven for a minute so that cheese melts.
- Place on a pretty plate and serve
Do you have a favorite way to prepare asparagus? I’m always looking for new recipes to try!