This fried rice is just like you would order at your favorite Chinese restaurant.
I am not a huge leftover fan but fortunately my husband is.
I don’t mind eating the same thing twice if I can disguise it in another form. Fried rice is one of those recipes that allows you to use up your leftovers but you don’t feel like you are eating leftovers!
Remember that yummy Chicken & Rice Soup. A great way to use up leftover rice and chicken and not feel like you are eating leftovers!
Well Fried Rice is another great way to use up that leftover rice and chicken or really any leftover meat. It works great with pork, ham or bacon too.
You can change it up with the type of vegetables you add in too. You can use what’s in your frig. I used carrots, onions and some frozen peas (although I pick the peas out!) The peas add some nice color though!!
All you have to do is saute the vegetables until tend and then add in your meat.
Of course you will need some rice too. I like my rice to be chilled so I use it right out of the refrigerator. If you are cooking rice specifically for this dish, not leftovers, try and let your rice chill a bit or at least come to room temperature. I find that it sticks much less if it isn’t warm or hot.
After I add in the rice I just add soy sauce basically to taste! This is one of those non-exact recipes. Just add in however much you like and how much tastes good. Taste as you go.
- Meat of choice chicken, ham, pork, bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces.
- 2-3 eggs scrambled and chopped into small pieces
- Vegetables of choice carrots, peas, onions Chopped into small pieces
- olive oil
- soy sauce 2 - 3 Tbsp at least, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cooked and cooled rice, 2-3 cups or more depending on how many people you are feeding. I use basmati or jasmine.
- Saute vegetables in olive oil until soft and then added in cooked meat.
- Add in rice and stir until well mixed.
- Add in eggs.
- Add in soy sauce to taste, stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle with a little garlic powder if desired
Recipe originally shared over at Portland Mama
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!