Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Welcome to the last day of Green Week!
It has been a little quiet here on the blog this week – maybe you don’t like green food?!
Today’s recipe is the perfect side dish to go along with your flank steak with pesto. When I started eating green food, at least something other than green beans, one of the first things I learned to like was broccoli. I prefer my broccoli raw, I am not a big fan of cooked broccoli but I will eat it in Chinese food such as Beef & Broccoli. Just don’t overcook the broccoli.
My favorite way to eat broccoli though is in broccoli salad. I have shared my favorite broccoli salad recipe here before. Today’s recipe is a lighter version – Crunchy Broccoli Salad. I love the crunchy part especially!
It is a combination of broccoli (I like mine cut up small), green onions, bacon, ramen noodles, butter and chopped pecans. Lots of crunch!
It is all coated with a nice light dressing.
It’s a fresh and delicious side dish for any meal but is just the perfect shade of green for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. I love all the texture that is in this dish, the crisp broccoli and bacon and the crunch of the nuts and ramen noodles.
Recipe slightly adapted from CJaneinthekitchen
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 4-6 green onions, sliced
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and in small pieces
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles, crushed. Throw away the seasoning packet
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 C canola oil
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Mix butter, nuts and crushed noodles together. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake until lightly brown at 350 degrees. Stir occasionally. About 10 minutes. Set aside to cool
- Mix together chopped broccoli, onions, bacon and noodle/nut mixture.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss with dressing right before serving.