Welcome to Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts! Erin was one of the great bloggers I recently met in Ohio. I am so excited to have her on the blog today!Be sure to visit her blog to enter the Blendetec Giveaway and then check out what Mique and Cindy are sharing as part of the Craft and Sew!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread – a cinnamon flavored quick bread with chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze. The perfect snack, breakfast, or holiday gift.
Hi everyone! I am Erin and I write over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. I am very excited to be here for Leigh Anne today! A few weeks ago I had the chance to actually meet and spend the weekend with Leigh Anne. Talk about a sweet, caring and talented woman! So when she asked if I wanted to contribute to the Bake Craft Sew series, I was immediately on board!
I love the holidays! I love the gifts, the food, the family, the decorations….all of it! We live over a thousand miles away from our parents, and this will be our first Christmas just the three of us. We are celebrating Christmas with my husband’s family when we are visiting them over Thanksgiving. My parents are coming to see us in January, so we will celebrate then. It will be a quiet year here. But that does not mean it will not be festive!
One of the best part of the holidays is the presents, in my opinion. I love thinking of the perfect gift for someone, and then making it happen. Giving homemade gifts always shows how much you care. For my son’s teachers I love to put together a few homemade treats for them. Putting in the time to actually make a gift is so much better than just buying a gift card. Not only does it show how much you appreciate them, it is just down right tasty! Last year I made Chocolate Pumpkin Bread. Previously I made Garlic Rosemary Scented Almonds and Milky Way Puppy Chow.
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon bread is an easy quick bread with lots of cinnamon flavor. I added mini chocolate chips, because I like to have a little chocolate in every bite! The chocolate glaze on top is definitely optional, but in my world chocolate is never really optional. This bread would be great to make in mini loaf pans. Wrap up in cellophane with a pretty ribbon, and you have the perfect teacher, friend, or neighbor gift.
Be sure to click over to Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts to enter the Blendtec Giveaway
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, brown sugar, egg, canola oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, and mix together until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing in a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze melt together the butter and the chocolate chips. Mix in powdered sugar and enough milk to get it to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle chocolate glaze over the cooled bread.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!