It is a close call but if I had to pick the most requested recipe from my Mummies Night Out I would have to say it is today’s recipe.
I have a go to appetizer that I love. It is a roasted garlic and artichoke dip that I have made for years. Everyone loves it and it is always one of the first things to disappear.
Last month when I went out to dinner with blog reader Beth who was in town for the Portland Marathon she told me she would send me a few of her favorite recipes – one of which was an artichoke and spinach dip. I was excited and decided to try it out at Mummies Night Out.
I may have a new favorite appetizer. It’s really too close to call!!
The original recipes calls for frozen spinach but Beth told me she always uses fresh so I did too. It also calls for Parmesan and Romano cheeses. I found a combination of the two and used that.
I served in with a sliced baguette but it would be good on crackers too. You must try this recipe- trust me on this one! In fact, it was so good I made it again two nights later for our neighborhood Halloweenie Roast where it promptly disappeared again.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can or jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 C frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained or 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Lightly grease a small baking dish
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper
- Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned