I love bite size food. The main reason I like it is that it gives you the opportunity to try more than one thing. You don’t have to choose just one piece of pie or cake, you can taste a little bit of everything because each one is only a bite.
For the bridal shower I recently hosted I decided to do a selection of mini bundt cakes. We did three flavors. Orange Poppyseed, Chocolate and today’s recipe for White Chocolate Raspberry which was definitely my favorite. A selection of mini bundt cakes is definitely more fun than just one big bundt cake.
White chocolate and raspberry is one of my favorite flavor combinations.
The flavor of this cake was great. The addition of pudding mix, applesauce and raspberries to the cake batter makes for a very moist cake.
A nice little dollop of cream cheese frosting goes on top along with a fresh raspberry and a sprinkle of powdered sugar and you’ve got heaven. Literally, heaven! Not only are they delicious but they are so pretty.
The recipe has you freeze the cakes after you have baked them for several days. I didn’t do this and in fact I forgot to put them into the freezer until just a few hours before the party. They still tasted amazing. Not really sure what the freezing for several days is suppose to do because they tasted just delightful with only a few hours of freezing.
The original recipe called for it to be done as one cake in a regular size bundt pan but I used my mini’s instead. You are layering your cake batter so it is a little tricky to figure out the amounts with the mini bundt pans but don’t stress too much – it will still taste amazing.
Recipe slightly adapted from All Things Thrifty.
White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
- 1 white cake mix mix per directions on back of box
- 1/2 C regular applesauce
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding dry
- 3/4 C frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips melted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (8oz.) softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix cake mix together according to directions on back of box.
- Add in applesauce and pudding mix.
- Cover thawed raspberries with 1 Tbsp flour, mix together.
- Remove 1/3 of cake batter to another bowl and add raspberry mixture into it. Set aside.
- With remaining 2/3 cake batter add in melted white chocolate.
- Grease bundt pan.
- If using a full size bundt pan, fill pan with 1/2 of the white chocolate cake batter mix.
- Add in raspberry cake batter mix by the spoonful on top.
- Then add remaining raspberry white chocolate cake batter mix on top of that layer.
- Use a knife or a skewer to make a S shape through the batter. Do not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 42-45 minutes. If using a mini bundt cake follow the time directions for cupcakes on the cake mix box.
- Let cool in a pan for 5 minutes of so and then turn onto cooling wrap.
- After it is cool wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 5-7 days. (I only froze it for a few hours and then removed it and frosted the cake) The original directions said the cake was much better cold but we ate it room temperature and it was delicious.
Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add in 4-5 cups of powdered sugar until smooth and desired consistency is obtained.
- Frost the top of cake and garnish as wanted.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.