Adding Sparkling Orange Lemonade to the menu makes any meal a celebration. It can be enjoyed by grownups and kids alike.
When I was a little girl, whenever we went out to eat, my father always ordered what he called a “half and half.” I think it was his own personal concoction and he would explain to the waiter when they asked what it was that it was half orange juice and half lemonade.
My father didn’t drink alcohol so this was always his drink of choice. I always loved it when I got to order a “half and half” too. It was even better when they put a cherry in it!
With the holidays coming I always like to have a special drink to serve with our holiday meal or at a party. My father’s half and half or what I now call Sparkling Orange Lemonade is perfect. It’s light, pretty and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
Sparkling Orange Lemonade Ingredients
- Orange Juice
- Seltzer Water or Orange flavored Sparkling Water
How to Make Sparkling Orange Lemonade
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add orange juice so the glass is half full.
- Fill the other half with lemonade.
- Leave a little space to add in some Orange flavored sparkling water. Not only does it give the drink some bubbles but it adds some additional flavor. You can also add seltzer water if you just want bubbles and no additional flavor.
Of course, top your sparkling orange lemonade with a cherry. It adds some color and it’s just plain fun. It makes me feel like a kid again!
Whether you are entertaining friends or just a intimate family dinner, a sparkling orange lemonade is always a fun thing to add to the menu. My dad’s favorite combo was always orange juice and lemonade but you could get creative and add in any of your favorite fruit juices.
And don’t forget the straw!
Be sure to check out more fun and delicious drink recipes:
Sparkling Orange Lemonade
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup sparkling water or tonic water
- Fill glass with ice and half way with orange juice
- Add lemonade in the remaining half
- Top it off with a little sparkling water.
- Garnish with a cherry and a straw