Snowball Cookies are a fun delicious holiday favorite at our house. The best part is the surprise that is waiting for you once you bite into them!
The best part of this snowball cookie is what is inside. There is a surprise waiting for you. There is a kiss waiting for you! A chocolate kiss.
These little snowballs are fun to make and to eat. In fact the hardest part is unwrapping all the chocolate kisses. The dough is a mixture of butter, flour, sugar and walnuts.
How to Make Snowball Cookies
Mix together the dough and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before working with it.
I used my trusty little cookie scoop to make about one inch size balls of dough.
Flatten out the ball of dough and put a kiss in the middle.
Cover up the kiss with the dough and make sure that none of the kiss is poking through. You don’t want to ruin the surprise!
Bake the snowball cookies at 350 degrees for 12 minutes and then allow them to cool. Now it’s time for the snow! Roll the baked cookie in powdered sugar.
These cookies are amazing – very light, buttery and sweet with lots of chocolate goodness inside. Who wouldn’t love a little snowball kiss!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
- 2 sticks butter softened (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 36 chocolate kisses
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar well until smooth.
- Add flour and then walnuts.
- Gather dough into disk-shape and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil from kisses and insert one inside a ball of dough 1 inch in diameter.
- Make sure each kiss is completely covered by dough.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Roll in powdered sugar after cooled.