Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies – the addition of caramel and sea salt takes these chocolate chip cookies over the top!
Today’s post is part of an ongoing partnership as a Bake a Little Extra Blog Ambassador sponsored by Karo® Syrup. All opinions are my own.
I have very little will power when it comes to a chocolate chip cookie. Especially if it is warm. If you add on some salted caramel to that cookie there is no way I’m turning it down. The chocolate and caramel combo is definitely a favorite and one I can’t refuse.
I have made a lot of chocolate chip cookies in my time. When my kids were young and at home they made a frequent appearance as an after school snack. I told the kids I was making the cookies for them but really, I was just satisfying a cookie craving of my own!! Now that we are empty nesters there are days when I’m craving a warm chocolate chip cookie and I’ll whip up a batch like I did the other day with these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were so good, I knew I had to share. I always bake a little extra so I have plenty to share. I packaged up some of the cookies and delivered them to some friends and my parents. My mom called the next day to tell me how delicious they were!
I loved the caramel bits in the cookie and the light sprinkling of salt on the top just enhanced the flavor of the cookie. It is amazing how much good that little sprinkle of sea salt can do! These cookies will easily hold a place of honor on any upcoming cookie plates you may be making for the holidays and could easily win a prize at any upcoming cookie exchange. Everyone will want to take these cookies home.
The other thing that makes these cookies so delicious is how chewy they are. That is thanks to the Karo® Syrup. It really makes a difference in the texture of the cookie. They are crisp around the edges and nice and chewy in the middle – just the way a cookie should be.
The Karo® Syrup is added in with the butter and the sugar.
I was pretty much in chocolate chip cookie heaven with these!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package 11 ounces caramel bits
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Lightly sprinkle salt over cookies and press into the dough.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on pan; remove from pan to wire rack.