Peanut Butter Sheet Cake is a soft and delicious Texas Sheet cake, made with peanut butter. You will love the texture, flavor, and especially the delicious frosting.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Sheet cakes are easy to make, taste great and feed a crowd. And if you love peanut butter, this recipe will hit the spot, especially with its soft peanut butter frosting.
I love to add a little chocolate to my peanut butter recipes, so I added a chocolate drizzle to the top of this cake. Or you can add some crunch with crushed peanuts. Either way this will be a crowd favorite.
- All Purpose Flour
- Sugar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and powdered sugar
- Bakin Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Corn Syrup
How to Make Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- Mix together flour, sugars, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Combine water and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir until the peanut butter mixture is well blended.
- Spread into greased pan
- Bake for 18-25 minutes at 350 degrees
- Add butter, peanut butter and milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil to make the frosting.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and Mix well.
- Always frost a sheet cake warm. The frosting soaks into the cake a bit which is so yummy.
- Use a plastic knife to cut the cake into pieces. It will help you get a nice clean cut.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recipe is better with real buttermilk, but in a pinch you can add 1 Tbsp vinegar to 1 cup milk to make your own buttermilk.
You can make this caramel sheet cake in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Your cake will be thicker and your frosting layer will also be thicker. The bake time will be longer, 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I highly recommend everyone have at least one jelly roll pan. This is my favorite: 10 x 15″ jelly roll pan.
Sheet cake can be stored covered at room temperature. It will last 3-4 days at room temperature.
Check out more of my favorite sheet cake recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanuts crushed, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease jelly roll pan
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugars, baking soda and salt.
- In a saucepan, combine water, 1 cup butter and bring to a boil. Add in peanut butter and mix until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Add in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until the peanut butter mixture is well blended.
- Spread into greased pan and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, bring butter, peanut butter and milk to a boil.
- Add in sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Frost cake while warm. Spread frosting in an even layer. Drizzle with chocolate or sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Melt all ingredients in a double boiler over hot but not boiling water. Stir until smooth
- Drizzle over frosted cake