Welcome Stephanie Lynn from Under the Table and Dreaming. I have followed Stephanie’s blog for a while now and love every idea she shares. Be sure to pay her a visit and enter to win a Blendtec Blender! And then check out what Mique and Cindy are sharing as part of the Craft and Sew!
Hello friends! I’m Stephanie Lynn from Under the Table and Dreaming. I am thrilled to be apart of this year’s Handmade Holiday Series. Thank you so much Leigh Anne for including me!
The holiday season is my favorite time of year to share little tokens of appreciation with all of the special people around me. I’m always looking for simple handmade gifts that can be put together quite quickly – especially gifts that I can have, on- hand, for hostess gifts or unexpected visitors.
Today I have an easy bark recipe to share that takes just minutes to whip up and requires just a few key ingredients.
The best thing about chocolate bark is that it can customized with just about any toppings you have available in your pantry. Cookies, candy, candy canes – you can’t really go wrong crushing up your favorites and sprinkling them on a bed of rich chocolate!
This bark combines sweet chocolate and creamy peanut butter along with salty pretzels and crunchy nuts.
Instead of pouring the melted chocolate into a pan – pour it into a few cookie cutters for special holiday presentation.
Once chilled, the bark pops right out of the cookie cutters and is ready for packaging. The shapes are adorable on their own – a clear, plain bag and some bakers twine is all it takes.
I like to label our small gifts with a handmade tag and made a few that can be printed here: Printable Handmade Holiday Tags
Peanut Butter Pretzel ar
- 2 Cups of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Crushed Pretzels
- 1 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup of Chopped Nuts
- Coat a 9X12 inch rimmed baking pan with cooking spray and line with a sheet of wax paper. If using cookie cutters, coat the inside of each cookie cutter with cooking spray and place them on a tray lined with a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips - according to the package directions - using a microwave or double broiler method. Pour into the baking sheet, or divide among the cookie cutters, and spread even. Sprinkle with the crushed pretzels.
- Combine the milk chocolate chips with the peanut butter and melt - according to the package directions - using a microwave or double broiler method. Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the semi sweet chocolate and top with the crushed nuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 - 45 minutes, until firm.
Be sure to head over to see Stephanie and enter to win!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.