Blueberry Orange Bread is the perfect way to use fresh blueberries. Perfect for brunch or just a delightful snack, the orange and blueberry flavor combination is delightful.
I was in the mood for a little sweet bread the other day and had some oranges on the counter that needed to be used so orange bread was the obvious answer. And then I decided that a handful of blueberries in that orange bread would be just the right touch. You know what? I was right! Blueberry Orange bread was a delicious combination and hit the spot perfectly.
Before removing the bread from the pan, while it is still warm you spoon a glaze of sugar and orange juice over the top for even more orange goodness.
This bread is amazingly moist and just the right amount of sweet and just the right amount of orange
The orange bread stands perfectly well on it’s own but the addition of the blueberries gives it even more flavor and fun!
I always give the blueberries a dusting of flour before putting them into the batter so they don’t all sink to the bottom. Sometimes it works better than others and it worked fairly well this time!!
Check out more of my yummy bread recipes:
Blueberry Orange Bread Recipe
Orange Blueberry Bread
- ½ C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C blueberries
- 1 orange juiced
- ¼ C sugar
- Mix together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in rind and juice.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined and moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean
- Combine juice and sugar in a small pan. Heat to dissolve sugar.
- Pour glaze over top of hot loaf.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.