Frozen Hot Chocolate is the perfect summertime treat. Icy double chocolate goodness topped with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Nothing beats a cold, creamy ice cream treat on a hot summer day. This Frosted Strawberry Lemonade is perfection and this Copy Cat Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade is better than the real thing. This Orange Freeze is one of my favorite summer treats.
I first discovered frozen hot chocolate in New York City at the famous Serendipity Restaurant. I think I planned our whole New York trip around visiting that restaurant to try the frozen hot chocolate. It totally lived up to it’s hype!
There is no trip to NYC necessary though in order to enjoy this delicious icy chocolate treat. You can make it at home with just five ingredients and about five minutes! The only other thing you need is a blender.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Chocolate – semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Hot Cocoa Mix
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Start by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave and add in the sugar, cocoa mix and part of the milk.
- After it cools add in the rest of the milk and put it into your blender along with the ice. Pulse a few times and you have magic – frozen hot chocolate!
How easy is that! Of course hot chocolate is always better when topped with some whipped cream and sprinkles!
It is the perfect treat for a 90 degree day or any day really! No need for a trip to NYC when you’ve got this great recipe for making it right at home!
Other hot chocolate recipes:
- Malted Hot Chocolate Mix
- Hot Chocolate Bar
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips or 4 oz of chocolate
- 2 tsp. hot cocoa mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk divided
- 3 cup ice cubes
- sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles optional
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in a glass container in microwave for 10-20 second intervals until melted.
- Add in hot cocoa mix and sugar to melted chocolate. Mix until blended.
- Add in 1/2 C milk, stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature
- In blender, place remaining milk, cooled chocolate mixture and ice cubes
- Blend on high speed until smooth and consistency of a frozen daiquiri
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Originally posted September 11, 2013
Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!