Three years ago I posted my Easter dinner menu. One of the things on the menu was Fresno Potatoes. I never got around to posting this recipe because I forgot to take pictures – not because it wasn’t a good recipe.
Recently, several of you have emailed me after reading that old post asking about the Fresno Potatoes. So instead of just emailing the recipe out I figured I’d post it here on the blog. Fresno Potatoes was on our Easter menu again this year! Now I have photos for the blog too!!
It starts with a layer of Yukon Gold potatoes, sour cream and milk, cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon.
Then you add a second layer of the same thing and top it off with some crushed croutons and melted butter. Now it is ready for the oven.
For those of you who know me, you know I don’t eat most potatoes but my family love potatoes, especially my Idaho raised husband. This recipe was given to me by my neighbor Shari and everyone loves them. It is a variation of scalloped potatoes and a nice change from “funeral” potatoes.
I have no idea why they are called Fresno Potatoes – maybe the recipe originally came from Fresno?!?!
Here it is – hot out of the oven.
- 4-6 medium sized Yukon Gold or new potatoes
- 6-8 slices bacon crisply fried and crumbled
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 C milk
- 1 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C seasoned croutons slightly crushed
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- Boil potatoes, until just tender, about 20 minutes
- Drain, cool, peel and cut into 1/4" thick slices
- Arrange in greased, shallow 9 x 13 dish, layer half of potato slices, top with half the bacon and onions
- Stir milk into sour cream and spread half the mixture over the potato layer and then sprinkle with half the cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
- Repeat layers
- Sprinkle croutons over top and drizzle butter over all
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.