Chicken Parm Soup is a delightful combination of all your favorite chicken Parmesan goodness, in a warm and comforting bowl of soup.
I have been making this recipe for years. I like to call it an Italian version of French Onion Soup. It has a nice rich broth with tomatoes, onions, basil and chicken. All of the delicious flavors of Chicken parm, but in a soup. And to make it even better, the chicken parmesan soup is poured over a crusty piece of bread that has been toasted with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese! Yum! And then another piece is placed on top.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Bread
First, make your toasted garlic bread. The bread is quite easy to make. Just slice your bread about 3/4 inch thick and drizzle with olive oil. Toast under the broiler for a few minutes. And then rub each warm, toasted piece of bread with a clove of garlic. Next, sprinkle the bread with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and pop it back under the broiler until the cheese melts. Then you are ready to go!
I made a few extra pieces because I knew I would want to eat them right then and there and not wait for the soup! I was right. Don’t wait to try this soup! It is so good, your family will be glad you made it, no matter what the weather.
Check out more of my easy soup recipes:
Chicken Parm Soup Recipe
Chicken Parm Soup
Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, pounded thin and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread
- 8 slices crusty artisan bread store bought
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and saute chopped garlic, onions and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until onions are beginning to soften.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil and stir.
- While soup is cooking, drizzle the sliced bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet under the broiler in the oven and toast until lightly golden.
- Watch closely. Remove from oven and rub each slice with the whole clove of garlic.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place back under broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Place one slice of toast in bottom of bowl and pour soup over the top. Add a second toast on top. Enjoy!
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.