Pan fried Chicken Amandine is topped with a delicious nutty almond garlic sauce and can be ready in under fifteen minutes.
This dinner looks fancy, tastes delicious and is so easy to make. it’s perfect for a dinner party or just a weeknight meal. Keep some chicken thighs in your freezer and with the addition of just a few more ingredients you can have dinner on the table whenever you need!
Can I Use Chicken Thighs with the Bone In?
The recipe uses boneless thighs with the skin on. I could only find them with the bone so I cut the bone out. You can leave the bone it but it will take longer to cook so you might not have dinner in under fifteen minutes. This recipe would also be delicious with boneless chicken breasts. You want the skin on though because that is the star of the recipe. The nice brown, crispy skin that forms.
How to Make Chicken Amandine
- Pound boneless thigh to a uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. of olive oil and 3-4 tsp of minced garlic in a frying pan. You are then going to add 4 Tbsp. olive oil and 3-4 garlic cloves to your frying pan.
- Get the oil nice and hot and add in the chicken, skin side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is nice and brown and crispy.
- Turn chicken over and cook the other side another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Time may vary depending on how thin your chicken is.
- After chicken is cooked through remove from pan to a plate.
- Drain off most of the oil and toss the garlic.
- Add in 4 Tbsp butter, 1/4 C almonds and stir until they begin to brown.
- Add in 1 handful of chopped flat leaf parsley. Add in the juice of l lemon and the grated lemon zest from the lemon.
- Pour the butter mixture over the chicken.
What to Serve with Chicken Amandine
I like to serve it with rice pilaf or mashed potatoes so that you have something to soak up all the yummy juices.
Not only was the flavor amazing I loved the crunch and texture that the crispy skin and the almonds gave the dish.
This was definitely a winner at our house and I can’t wait to make it again
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.`
Chicken Amandine Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs boneless with skin on, slightly pounded
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tsp garlic
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- flat leaf parsley chopped for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium high heat add olive oil. Add garlic and stir for a minute.
- Place chicken into oil skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes or until skin is crispy and brown.
- Turn and cook other side of chicken until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to a plate.
- Drain off most of the oil
- Add in butter and allow it to melt and foam.
- Add in nuts and stir until nuts begin to brown.
- Add in garlic, parsley and lemon juice and zest. Stir for a few minutes
- Pour over the top of chicken
Originally posted June 29, 2012