Make a delicious cherry float at home with ice cream, cherry syrup and lemon lime soda.
Cherry Vanilla Float
When I was young I loved to order a Shirley Temple when I went out to eat. For this recipe, I decided that a Shirley Temple could be made even better with a little ice cream. A cherry float. This is a fun combination of creamy ice cream, cherry flavoring, and lemon lime soda. If you love cherry flavored treats, this is for you.
- Grenadine or Cherry Syrup
- Ice Cream, vanilla or chocolate
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Whipped Cream
How to Make a Cherry Float
- Purchase grenadine or cherry syrup in the area of the grocery store that has the “mixers.” The things that are usually added into alcoholic drinks.
- Add a couple of Tablespoons of syrup into the bottom of a glass.
- Scoop in vanilla ice cream.
- Fill the glass with 7 -up or some lemon lime soda.
- Top the soda with some w hipped cream, another drizzle of grenadine and top it with a cherry.
Chocolate Cherry Float
For a chocolate cherry version just use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
Tips For Making A Cherry Float
- Use a tall glass to make sure you have room for the soda to bubble
- Chill the glass in the freezer before filling it, this helps keep all your ingredients cold.
- Put your ice cream and cherry syrup into the glass first, then pour the soda over it.
- Slowly pour the soda in the glasses, waiting for it to settle before adding more so it doesn’t bubble over..
So be sure and share the love and make one for someone you love!
For more yummy ice cream treats try:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 2 Tbsp grenadine or cherry syrup
- 1 1/2 cups ice cream vanilla or chocolate
- Lemon Lime soda
- whipped cream
- Place 2 Tbsp grenadine in the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice cream
- Pour in soda until full.
- Add whipped cream and a cherry