Balsamic Chicken and Peppers is a quick and easy dinner idea. A delicious and colorful dish that is perfect for a family dinner or dinner party.
Quick and Easy Dinner Idea
One of my favorite kind of friends, is the friend who shares recipes. I am lucky enough to have several of them. I walk twice a week with a friend and we often talk about what we are going to fix for dinner that week or what we have fixed. We text recipes back and forth. When my friend mentioned this delicious recipe for chicken and peppers, I knew I needed to give it a try.
This recipe fits all of my criteria for a weeknight meal. It is quick and easy and it is delicious.
How to Make Chicken and Peppers
- Use a combination of red, orange and yellow peppers but you could throw green into it also. Cut peppers into slices.
- Cook chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Set aside.
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil until softened. Add in garlic, basil and 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- Add in the chicken into the peppers along with the remaining balsamic vinegar and stir to coat and combine.
I love to serve chicken and peppers over rice. Try some of these yummy rice recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Balsamic Chicken and Peppers Recipe
Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
- 4 chicken breasts cut in strips
- 1/4 C olive oil divided
- 1 red yellow, orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion medium, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar divided
- Cook chicken in 2 T. of olive oil until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook peppers and onions for 5 minutes or til tender in remaining oil.
- Mix in garlic, cook about 1 minute.
- Mix in basil and 2 T balsamic vinegar.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and combine chicken with peppers.
- Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Originally posted April 9, 2013
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!