Balsamic Chicken and Peppers is a quick and easy dinner idea. A delicious and colorful dish that is perfect for a family dinner or dinner party.
Quick and Easy Dinner Idea
One of my favorite kind of friends, is the friend who shares recipes. I am lucky enough to have several of them. I walk twice a week with a friend and we often talk about what we are going to fix for dinner that week or what we have fixed. We text recipes back and forth. When my friend mentioned this delicious recipe for chicken and peppers, I knew I needed to give it a try.
This recipe fits all of my criteria for a weeknight meal:
- It’s quick.
- It’s easy
- It’s delicious
- It only requires one pan so clean up is quick!
- Chicken breasts. Use boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Olive oil
- Red pepper, yellow pepper, orange bell pepper
- Yellow Onions
- Dried Basil. If using fresh use twice as much.
- Balsamic vinegar. You can substitute in Dijon mustard if you prefer or white wine vinegar.
How to Make Chicken and Peppers
- Use a combination of red bell peppers, orange and yellow peppers but you could throw green into it also. Cut peppers into slices.
- Cook chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil until softened. Add in garlic, basil and 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- Add in the chicken into the peppers along with the remaining balsamic vinegar and stir to coat and combine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container, leftovers will last for 3-4 days. Leftovers can also be frozen for three to four months.
To reheat, place mixture in a large skillet. Add a little water or chicken broth and stir to heat through.
This dish would be delicious with mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini or cherry tomatoes added in.
Try some of these other delicious recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless cut in strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 bell peppers yellow, orange or red, thinly sliced
- 1 onion medium, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar divided
- Cook chicken in 2 T. of olive oil until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook peppers and onions for 5 minutes or til tender in remaining oil.
- Mix in garlic, cook about 1 minute.
- Mix in basil and 2 T balsamic vinegar.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and combine chicken with peppers.
- Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Tips & Notes:
Originally posted April 9, 2013
Leave a Review