Balsamic Chicken and Peppers is a quick and easy dinner idea.
A delicious and colorful dish, balsamic chicken and peppers is perfect for a family dinner or dinner party.
I think I have mentioned here on the blog before how much I love it when friends share recipes. Today’s recipe for balsamic chicken and peppers comes from my friend Marsha.
I walk twice a week with a couple of dear friends, Marsha and Jeannena. And one of the things we always do is talk about food. When Marsha mentioned this delicious recipe, I knew I needed to give it a try.
This recipe fits all of my criteria for a weeknight meal. It is quick and easy and it is delicious.
The recipe uses a combination of red, orange and yellow peppers but you could throw green into it also!
The first step is to cook your cut up chicken in olive oil. Cut up your pretty peppers.
Then the peppers are sauteed in some olive oil with some onion. Add in garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar.
Add the chicken into the peppers along with the remaining balsamic vinegar.
So yummy and so easy. I served over brown rice.
For a few other quick and easy chicken dinner ideas try these:
Balsamic Chicken and Peppers Recipe
Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
- 1/4 C olive oil divided
- 4 chicken breasts – cut in strips
- 1 red yellow, orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 med. onion sliced thinly
- 4 lg. cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar divided
- Cook chicken in 2 T. of olive oil until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook peppers and onions for 5 minutes or til tender in remaining oil.
- Mix in garlic, cook about 1 minute.
- Mix in basil and 2 T balsamic vinegar.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and combine chicken with peppers.
- Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.