Arugula Pizza is a thin crust pizza topped with olive oil, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes and is a fun and delicious way to eat your pizza and salad together!
Tricolore Salad Pizza
I am one of those boring people that get the same thing every time they go to a restaurant. I have my favorite dish and I don’t deviate. I’m always afraid of being disappointed if I do. At California Pizza Kitchen I actually have two favorites that I alternate between. The first is their Sicilian Pizza and the one I get the most often is their Tricolore Salad Pizza. I love it!
For our Super Bowl Party I decided to recreate the Tricolore Salad Pizza at home. Lest you think we had some big party here for the Super Bowl, our party included Jim and I. And only Jim watched the game although I did watch a few commercials.
What Kind of Pizza Dough?
I used my homemade pizza dough for the Pizza but you could also buy store bought pizza dough. I usually buy it at Trader Joes or Winco. The first time I made this I used whole wheat pizza dough but on Sunday I used just regular pizza dough. I love them both. One batch of pizza dough will make four pizzas.
How to Make Arugula Pizza
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface or use cornmeal. Roll it out to a 6 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Brush it with some olive oil and top with the cheese and tomatoes as well as salt and pepper.
- Bake it at 475 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
- Top pizza with arugula.
- Drizzle with my favorite, go to balsamic vinaigrette.
I love pizza and salad and I love it even more when the two are combined.
Can I add meat to my Arugula Pizza?
If you wanted to add a little protein you could definitely add some cut up grilled or shredded chicken, shrimp or whatever your favorite is.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Arugula Pizza Recipe
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups bread flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups arugula
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Combine yeast and sugar with warm water and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until bubbly
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients into mixer and knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth, will be a little sticky
- Allow to rise for at least one hour
- Divide dough into four parts.
- Roll out each part into a 6 x 12″ rectangle
- Brush with olive oil
- Cover with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Top with arugula and drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mix all ingredients together.