7 Up Biscuits are light, flaky, tender and delicious! The lemon lime drink is a not so secret ingredient to biscuit perfection!
Who can pass up a good biscuit!? Angel Biscuits is the perfect combination of a biscuit and a yeast roll. Sour Cream Biscuits are soft and tender and I love the flavor fresh herbs give these Flaky Herbed Biscuits.
Whenever we have a nice big family dinner, I like to have some fresh homemade bread. But sometimes I run out of time or just forget to start the bread early enough. That is when 7 Up Biscuits come to the rescue. You can make these in minutes and they only take about 10 minutes to bake. So even if dinner is almost ready, you still have time for a batch of fresh, warm, fluffy 7 Up Biscuits.
4 ingredient Biscuits
Recipes don’t get much easier than this. With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes you can make these yummy biscuits. All you need is some Bisquick, 7 Up, butter, and sour cream.
How to Make 7 Up Biscuits
- Mix together sour cream and the Bisquick until combined.. Biscquick is a pancake and baking mix. If you can’t find that particular brand you can use any brand of pancake/baking mix.
- Add in 7 up to mixture. The dough will be very soft and wet.
- Sprinkle some Bisquick onto the counter and pat the 7 up biscuit dough until it is about an inch thick.
- Cut out round biscuit shapes with a biscuit cutter or glass. Add enough dry Bisquick so that you can handle the dough without it totally sticking to your hands.
- Pour melted butter into a 9×9 pan and then place the cut biscuits over the butter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees. Serve with some jam or butter.
How to Cut Biscuits
- I use a round biscuit cutter that was my grandmothers. You could also use a round cookie cutter.
- A round drinking glass will also work. Just dip the rim of the glass into flour to prevent dough from sticking.
- For square biscuits you can just use a knife to cut the dough into 8-9 biscuits.
Can I use Diet Soda?
I don’t recommend using diet soda because I don’t like the flavor but I haven’t ever used it in this recipe. You can use your favorite lemon lime soda – 7 Up, Sprite or even Ginger Ale.
The combination may be a little strange but let me tell you the biscuits are not! What you get is an incredibly light, fluffy and tender biscuit. They practically melt in your mouth!
They really don’t need anything else but of course a little bit of butter always makes everything better.
Be sure and follow me on YouTube for lots of recipe videos!
7 Up Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 7-up or other lemon lime soda
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Add sour cream into Bisquick and mix together
- Add 7 Up-the dough will be very soft.
- Sprinkle additional Bisquick onto the counter and gently pat the dough out to desired thickness (about 1 inch)
- Use the bottom of a glass or a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.
- Place melted butter into 9 x 9 pan. Place biscuits on top of butter
- Bake in a 450 oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Originally posted July 11, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!