Fall has definitely arrived and it is time to break out the crockpot at our house. I love using my crockpot in the Fall. I love smelling dinner cooking all day long. It is just so warm and cozy. Teriyaki Chicken in the crock pot is the perfect easy Fall meal. It’s actually good for any season.
I have recently become somewhat of a Pinterest junkie. My “To Try” recipe list has quadrupled as a result! Today’s recipe is one that caught my eye one day as I was Pinning away!
This recipe for Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock Pot from Lake Lure Cottage is quick and easy just like any crockpot recipe should be. Isn’t that why we use our crockpot? We want dinner to be quick and easy!
I served it over rice with a little sprinkling of green onion and sesame seed. It would be great with some stir fried veggies too! This recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs so the meat is nice and moist. The cooking time is only about 3-4 hours on low.
What is your favorite crockpot recipe?
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 1/2 tsp cold water
- Place chicken in a 4 qt. crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid or put it through a mesh strainer.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with chicken and rice.
- Note: I halved the recipe and it still worked fine in my crock pot. I kept the amount of sauce the same and it was done in about 2 1/2 hours.
Recipe originally shared over at Portland Mama .