I think I have used my crock pot more in the last year than I have in the rest of our married life combined. Not sure why it took me so long but I have pretty much fallen in love with it.
You may have noticed, since I have been sharing a new crock pot recipe almost every week. Those of you who filled out my survey asked for more quick and easy dinner recipes and I have decided that the crock pot is just about the easiest and quickest way to get dinner on the table!
Put them in the crock pot for 4 hours on high or 6-8 on low and it is ready to shred and add to your sandwich.
I jazzed the sandwich up a bit with some pesto mayo for the bread and some homemade pesto focaccia bread. Since the rest of the dinner was so easy I decided to make my own bread. You could definitely buy your own focaccia bread at the store or just use any kind of roll or bun to serve it on.
The pesto mayo is a quick and easy addition that just takes the sandwich to another level. Trust me.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken and Pesto Sandwich makes for a quick, easy and most importantly delicious dinner. With our reduced size family there were plenty of leftovers and my husband was glad – he enjoyed it for lunch a couple of more times. He is a good leftover eater – especially when they are as good as this was!
You might also enjoy these other sandwich recipes:
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/2 C roasted red peppers, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 C mayo
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- focaccia bread
- Place chicken and roasted red peppers in crock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred. Return to crock pot and mix well.
- In a bowl combine mayo and pesto
- Spread on focaccia bread, add tomato and lettuce
adapted from Pillsbury