Pizza Hut Pan Pizza

Years ago we went to Disney World. We got into town late and we were starving. The first restaurant we found near our hotel that was open was Pizza Hut.

We ordered one of their deep dish pan pizzas. I remember it being the most delicious thing I had ever eaten – it could have been that I was ABSOLUTELY STARVING and anything would have tasted good but ever since then I have had an affection for their pan pizza.

Pan Pizza

Our family favorite is pepperoni and black olive! Pan Pizza (3)

When I found a recipe for Pizza Hut Pan Pizza over at Real Mom Kitchen I knew we had to try it. It was a huge hit with the family and the three pizzas feed us all with some left over.Pan Pizza (4)

What’s your favorite pizza topping? Are you a thin crust or a pan crust fan?

Pizza Hut Pan Pizza

Dough:
  • 1 1/3 C Warm water (105F)
  • 1/4 C Non-fat dry milk
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 4 C Flour
  • 1 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1 pk Dry yeast
  • 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil (for dough)
  • 9 Oz Vegetable oil (3 oz. per pan) - (I just use enough to coat the pan)
  • Butter flavored Pam ( I didn't use this)

• Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl
  • Add water and stir to mix well
  • Allow to sit for two minutes
  • Add oil and stir again
  • Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed
  • Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes
  • Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans ( or can use 1 - 9 inch pie plate and 1 - 9 x 13 dish) , put 3 Oz. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly
  • Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle
  • Place in cake pans
  • Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam
  • Cover with a plate
  • Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on each pizza and spread to within 1 inch of edge
  • Distribute 1 1/2 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese on each pizza
  • Place toppings of your choice in this order - pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef)
  • Top with 3 oz. mozzarella cheese
  • Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown - about 15 minutes
  • I then brush outer edge of crust with garlic butter

Comments

I love Pizza Hut pizza, particularly the deep dish! We were having homemade pizza tomorrow night anyway, so I may give this recipe a try! It looks great!

2. Michele says

This looks yummy! But are there directions missing. I don’t see how long to bake the pizzas and at what temp.

Thanks.

3. Jennifer says

I love mushroom and black olives on my pizza, with pan crust. But I have to dip the crust in ranch to add to the yummyness! We made homemade pizza but never pan crust. I’ll have to try out your recipe next time. Thanks!

My favorite store-bought pizza is Papa John’s… love their red sauce! I wonder if there’s a recipe for that out there? And the best toppings are ham, pineapple, olives, & mushrooms! MMMMMMMM!

5. Holly says

Yesterday I saw a sign for Pizza Hut’s personal pan pizza, and I got a craving. We’re having homemade pizza tonight, and I’m going to try this! I normally prefer thin crust, but I DO love their Pan Pizza! Pepperoni is my fave, with sun dried tomatoes and garlic, too!

I spotted this recipe at real mom kitchen too and have been wanting to make this. I think my kids would love it. I want to make the bread sticks too! Those are my favorite.

I’m always so paranoid about yeast — always afraid I’ll use the “wrong kind” LOL
    Did you use a quick-rise yeast in this recipe, or the old standard?
    I’ve got a jar of breadmaker yeast and I’m wondering if I can just use that…

8. Mary Jo says

YUM! My husband LOVES Pizza Hut pizzas and would be a happy man if I made this for dinner. :) Quick question – the recipe calls for 1 package of yeast. What size package? I am relatively new to baking homemade bread but am always up for a challenge! :)

@Mary Jo:
      I used one of the standard size packages you buy at the store – they usually come in a set of 3 attached together. I believe there is about 2 1/4 tsp. of yeast in a package. You can also buy it in bulk in jars which is what I do and then keep it in the freezer. If a recipe calls for one package of yeast I just measure out 2 1/4 tsp. I use it straight of the freezer and it doesn’t need to be brought to room temperature.

I tried the pie pans, and they didn’t work out too well. I don’t think they were deep enough. However, the ones that I made in my cake pans were AWESOME!!! I have been looking for this particular recipe fer literally years. Next time I will cook them a little longer, as they weren’t as crispy in the middle, but still just the right texture. Also, use corn meal on the bottom of the pan. Pizza Hut does that and if your like me you enjoy that extra little crunch you get from using it. Thank you so much. I am loving this.

10. mere says

this looks good, i love pizza hut pizza..i will definently try this at home. if it works i’ll sell them! lol thanks alot – and happy mothers day!

Just tried your recipe!!!!! Turned out Awesome! I also used you Garlic Butter on the crust.
        Would make this over and over. Just like Pizza Hut. Thought I might have to prebake crust before putting the toppings on but no way. Came out perfect. Guess it depends on your oven.

Thanks so much

Paulletime

Hello! I’ve been following your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!