So the love affair with peppermint continues….
I just can’t seem to get enough of it! I have also had a love affair with cookie bark over the years if you look through my blog archives! I think I have a version for every holiday and season of the year.
Two years ago I shared my Christmas version- Reindeer Corn Cookie Bark.
I am excited to have today’s recipe for Peppermint Cookie Bark be a part of a very fun Holiday Sweet Treat event put on by 50 bloggers!
Be sure and visit the other bloggers for lots of fun holiday treat ideas by clicking on the linky part at the bottom of this post. You are going to want to spend a little time checking them all out and pinning them I am sure!
Well, given my latest obsession with peppermint I decided a Peppermint Cookie Bark version was the perfect thing for the 50 Holiday Sweet Treats. I used one of my favorite holiday cookies – Peppermint Jo Jo’s from Trader Joes. Now if you aren’t lucky enough to have a Trader Joes near you you can use regular Oreos or the holiday Oreos that have red filling in them. I also hear there are Candy Cane Oreos out but I can’t find them! Those would be perfect. But you need some type of cream filled cookie.
I also like to add in pretzels. Cookie Bark is very sweet so I love the little bit of salt that the pretzels add in to break up all the sweet just a bit.
I just break everything up and put it on a cookie sheet.
My other peppermint find of the season was a bag of peppermint marshmallows so I added those in too!!
The cookie bark is covered with almond bark and then sprinkled with more peppermint goodness – crushed up candy cane.
The next step is to let it harden up. If you are in a hurry, like I usually am, pop it in the refrigerator and it will set up quickly. Once it is set up you can break it into pieces and eat!
For more peppermint goodness check out my yummy Peppermint Ice Cream
- 14 whole cream filled cookies, broken up. I used the peppermint Jo Jo's from Trader Joes.
- 1 1/2 C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
- 1 C peppermint marshmallows
- 1/2 C crushed candy cane
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread broken cookies, pretzels and marshmallows onto the waxed paper.
- Place Almond bark in a microwavable container and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane while it is still wet. Do not let it harden.
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in air tight container.