A few weeks ago I attended a woman’s event at church. It was a potluck salad dinner. I am always a bit leery of a potluck event – it can be a risky thing. Being the “particular”, not “picky” eater that I am, I always make sure I take something I really like so that there is at least one thing I will eat!
I took an amazing blueberry and corn salad. Sounds like a strange combination but it is delish. I’ll let you know how you can get that recipe next week – stay tuned!
At this particular potluck there were the standard salads – spinach salad, chicken salad, pasta salad, fruit salad . There was one salad in particular that stood out – it was a Thai Noodle Salad.
My daughter Cali attended the event with me and after tasting the salad she informed me that I needed to get the recipe. So of course I asked around and discovered that the cook was my friend Sara. Sara is a great cook so I shouldn’t be surprised that it was her recipe.
She graciously emailed me the recipe – in fact she emailed it twice after I misplaced it and deleted it the first time!
If you like peanut butter you will love this salad – it is not a heavy peanut butter flavor – it’s just right and I loved the crunchy chopped peanuts and cilantro on top.
I made the salad up before we went to church on Sunday and then just let it sit until we got home – it is best served at room temperature. The real test for any recipe at our house is if EVERYONE loves it and this one passed the test!
It makes plenty and all the leftovers disappeared the next day!
So next time you have to take a salad to a potluck event – give this one a try!
Do you have a favorite potluck dish you always take? I’d l ove to hear what it is – please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Thai Noodle Salad
- 12 oz. linguine
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 green onions, chopped (save some for garnish)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. chili garlic sauce (I used 1 Tbsp. as some of my family don't like too much heat)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped peanuts, chopped green onion and chopped cilantro for topping
- Cook 12 oz. linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water, until tender but firm to the bite
- Drain well and place pasta in a large serving bowl
- Toss with sesame oil
- In a large frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat, add green onions, garlic and ginger
- Saute for a couple of minutes
- Then add peanut butter, honey and soy sauce, along with rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce
- Cook for one minute longer
- Add to the pasta bean sprouts and carrot
- Toss together
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, green onions and cilantro
- Serve at room temperature
- Good made ahead and left out until serving time
- Makes 8 servings
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!