On Fridays I share a favorite recipe from the previous week’s meal plan – well this week we had no meal plan. After being on vacation last week I have had a hard time getting back into the meal planning/cooking mode.
The only meal I made this week, (grilled cheese and tomato soup doesn’t count) that would have been blog worthy – I burned. Although I am known to set off the smoke detector frequently I don’t usually burn things to where they are inedible very often – in fact, I can only think of one other instance where I burned dinner so badly it couldn’t be eaten, charred might be a better description.
It was the summer we were married, we were living in an apartment and I put dinner in the oven to cook while we were at church. Well, it cooked, and cooked and cooked so much that when we got home from church it literally had turned to rock, hard charcoal!!
So today I will share a “Family Favorite” from a few weeks ago.
Recently I have been having fun making different types of homemade pizza for dinner. When we go out for pizza we usually order the ordinary, boring – cheese, pepperoni or Hawaiian. But lately we have had fun experimenting with different pizza toppings.
A few weeks ago we tried Rosemary Chicken Pizza, a recipe I had found on Sisters Cafe food blog. A fun blog where a group of sisters share favorite recipes.
The combination of lemon grilled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary was yummy!
So next time you are in the mood for pizza, don’t reach for the phone – try Rosemary Chicken Pizza instead.
LA Notes: I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone and heated it in the oven before putting the pizza on it. I also sprinkled the pizza stone with cornmeal. During tomato season you can use fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried if you want, just add a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- 1 large lemon grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped (for 1 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- A batch of your favorite pizza dough
- 2 chicken breasts
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- Toss all ingredients together with 1½ cup cheese
- Spread mixture over dough and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown
- Let rest for several minutes then cut into wedges and serve!
- Marinate chicken overnight or for several hours.
- This is perfect for salads too.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!