Create a delicious cheesy bread using premade pizza dough. Just like your favorite pizza place!
I just have to start today’s post and this week out by saying I love being a mom. I was able to spend this last weekend with three of my children and husband playing, eating and just having fun together. Logan was home for a friend’s wedding and life is always a little brighter and a little more fun when he is around! I love to see my children interacting with each other and enjoying one another. Sometimes they get me to do things I didn’t think I’d ever do including running through a fountain in downtown Portland Friday night! We missed having Clark home with us but look forward to a visit from him in October.
So I have been on a bit of a carb kick lately. I do like my carbs. It’s been hot here in Portland the last week so it has been perfect salad for dinner weather. But what’s a good salad without some good carbs to go with it! Today’s recipe for cheesy bread is a perfect compliment to any of your favorite warm weather salads.
So you do need to heat up the oven to bake this but it is so worth it.
Have you ever bought that cheesy bread they make at the take and bake pizza places? So good but this is better. I promise.
I made the dough from scratch but you could easily use some pre made pizza dough (Winco and Trader Joes both carry it here in Portland). A nice layer of Kraft Italian Dressing gives it a great flavor. I used a combo of cheddar and mozzarella cheese because that is what I had in the freezer.
I served it with a BBQ chicken chopped salad the other night and it was just about perfect.
- 2-1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Cup warm water (120*F)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ C prepared Italian salad dressing
- ½ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- dash pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Combine water and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch the dough down; place on a greased 16" pizza pan and pat into a 16" circle.
- Combine salad dressing and seasonings, brush evenly over dough, all the way to the edges. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- For a fluffier cheese bread, at this point, allow the bread to rest for 15 minutes or so. If you're in a hurry, just skip this rise. (The bread will rise while it bakes, too.)
- Preheat the oven to 450*F. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Slice. Serve warm.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!