I adore appetizers. Sometimes I even enjoy them more than the main course. I’ve even made a complete meal out of appetizers. We serve a large array of appetizers on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve so I’m always on the look out for a yummy new recipe.
One of my favorite all time appetizers is Roasted Garlic Artichoke Dip. I have a recipe that I love and I’ve given out to many, many friends. It is always the first appetizer to disappear at any party I take it to.
Today I’ve got a dressed up version for you.
In addition to the traditional artichokes, mayo, garlic, cheese etc., this recipe throws in some lovely red roasted red pepper and Green Giant frozen broccoli & cheese sauce to give it some great color. One of the problems with artichoke dip is it isn’t very pretty. It tastes great but it lacks in the visual presentation. Adding in some great red and green color helps pretty it up though. This recipe also uses an herb flavored cream cheese spread which makes the prep even easier.
Green Giant has put together some very simple and delicious holiday recipes and today’s recipe is one of them. Broccoli & Artichoke Party Dip uses Green Giant Frozen Broccoli & Cheese Sauce. From start to finish in 30 minutes you’ve got a delicious holiday appetizer.
All you need is a sliced baguette or some crackers and you are ready to dig in!
For a few other yummy appetizer dishes check out these:
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® broccoli & cheese sauce
- 1 container (8 oz) chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1 C freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ C mayonnaise
- ¼ C milk
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- ¼ C roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), drained, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 loaf (16 inch) baguette French bread, cut into ¼-inch slices
- or crackers
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook broccoli as directed on box for minimum time. Chop broccoli to about ½-inch size.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix cream cheese spread, mayonnaise, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and the ground red pepper until well blended.
- Stir in broccoli mixture and roasted red pepper. Spoon into 1½-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with baguette slices or crackers
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here
This post was paid for and sponsored by Green Giant but all opinions are my own.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!