A fruit fool has been around for a good long time. Wikipedia says since the mid-16th century! It is traditionally a combination of pureed fruit and custard or cream.
I decided to use some those amazing strawberries that keep coming from my garden to try this dessert out.
I used 3 cups of strawberries. I diced them up and then sprinkled them with sugar and let them sit for a bit.
I then pureed up one cup of the strawberries and left the other two cups diced. Whip up some cream and mix together some plain Greek yogurt and brown sugar.
I topped mine with a little bit more whipped cream and a Lorna Doone cookie.
- 3 C strawberries diced
- 1/8 - 1/4 C sugar depending on how sweet your berries are
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 1/4 C whipping cream whipped
- 8 oz. container of plain Greek yogurt
- Combine strawberries with sugar in a bowl and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes
- Remove one cup of strawberries and blend in a blender or food processor.
- Add back in with the diced berries.
- Mix together brown sugar and yogurt and vanilla.
- Fold strawberry mixture into yogurt
- Whip cream and then fold into yogurt mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve in a pretty dish.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!