Spinach Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish when serving a large group or add chicken to make it a delicious summer dinner.
Spinach Pasta Salad is definite crowd pleaser. And I know this for a fact because I have served this salad to crowd! I once fixed this spinach pasta salad for a group of 450 woman! Each and every time I fix it, I am inundated with requests for the recipe.
I love that this salad is a complete meal! It has spinach, chicken and pasta. Also, It is fairly inexpensive to make, so you can feed a crowd on a budget! It is also an easy one to stretch if you need to, just add more spinach!
Because of all the bright colors, it looks pretty on the plate too. Not to mention this spinach pasta salad has great textures! Lots of crunch with the water chestnuts, peanuts and sesame seeds!
- Bow Tie Pasta
- Mandarin Oranges
- Dried Cranberries
- Water Chestnuts
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Teriyaki Sauce
- White Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Canola Oil
How to Make Spinach Pasta Salad
- Prepare bow tie pasta according to package directions and let cool.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender. Set aside 1/2 cup to dress salad with later.
- Mix remaining dressing and cooked pasta and marinade for 2 hours in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients.
- Add add pasta and dressing to the salad and toss to mix.
- Add reserved dressing as needed.
If you ever need a meal to feed 400 or a delicious summer dinner for your family, this spinach pasta salad is the perfect recipe for both!
Check out more of my delicious salad recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Spinach Pasta Salad
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta cooked al dente
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 10 oz. bag of spinach
- 1 cup bag craisins
- 2 11 oz. cans mandarin oranges drained
- 1 5 oz. can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into pieces
- Blend dressing in blender. Set aside 1/2 cup to dress salad with later.
- Mix remaining dressing and cooked pasta and marinade for 2 hours (in a ziploc bag)
- Combine other ingredients. Add add pasta and liquid in the bag. Toss. Add reserved dressing as needed.