Slow Cooker Pork with Basil Sauce is a quick & easy dinner idea that is full of flavor and looks fancy!
This delicious pork and basil sauce recipe is so delicious and looks so beautiful that you could serve it to any guest for any holiday. In fact we have replaced the traditional Easter ham with this pork recipe before. But it is easy enough to make that it is the perfect meal any day of the week.
The pork roast was so easy and had great flavor thanks to marinading it overnight. I just put the roast into a slow cooker liner bag along with the marinade and closed it up. Then, the next morning I just opened up the bag and put the whole thing, pork, bag and all, right into the slower cooker! Easy!! The only thing left to do is make the delicious basil sauce.
The basil sauce on this pork roast is what really dresses it up and adds some additional great flavor. Basil sauce is similar to a chimichurri sauce which is an Argentine sauce traditionally made with fresh parsley, garlic, and other herbs. For this version, I used basil and oregano along with olive oil, red onion and some fresh lemon juice. This stuff is yummy. It is perfect with this pork, but would be delicious served on all kinds of meats.
My favorite slow cooker tools:
I actually own two of these 6 Qt. Crock Pot an often have two going at one time.
To help make clean up easier I often use these Crock Pot liners.
Pork with Basil Sauce Recipe
Pork with Basil Sauce
- 8 tsp freshly chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 lb. boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1/3 c red onion finely chopped
- 2 cups basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix together the garlic, oil, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper, oregano and smoked paprika in a bowl for form a paste.
- Rub all over the pork. Place the pork into a resealable plastic bag or a slow cooker liner and close, chill in refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together the red onion, basil, oil, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt in an airtight container.
- Let rest up to 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Stir in lemon juice before serving.
- Place pork into slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Pork will be fork tender but not completely falling apart.
- Remove from slow cooker and allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place meat on a platter and drizzle with sauce. Serve additional sauce on the side if desired.