Lime White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect blend of flavors with white chocolate chunks and lime glaze on top.
Lime White Chocolate Cookies combine two of my favorite things – white chocolate and anything citrus. Lemon is usually my first choice but lime is always close behind. The partnership of white chocolate and lime together was pretty much made in heaven.
We’ve enjoyed a few days of sunshine here in Portland this week and it was just enough to totally put me in the mood for summer! These Lime White Chocolate Cookies are the perfect way to celebrate summer. The cookie is a crisp on the edges, chewy in the middle sugar cookie with chunks of white chocolate. The cookies are yummy just like they come out of the oven, without the glaze.
But you can take these cookies over the top with the addition of the lime glaze. The slight tartness of the lime balances out the sweetness of the cookie and gives it an amazing punch of flavor.
Adding a sprinkle of freshly grated lime zest adds some additional flavor plus makes the cookies prettier. Who can resist a delicious and pretty cookie? Not me!
Some of my other favorite sugar cookies:
Lime White Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp limeade concentrate thawed
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz. white chocolate chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp limeade concentrated thawed
- 2 Tbsp lime zest freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and limeade concentrate. Beat until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate pieces.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Place cookies on a rack and cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until a nice spreading consistency is reached.
- Frost cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with lime zest.