Pumpkin Dump Cake is full of fall flavor with pumpkin and cinnamon. I’ve added a secret ingredient into the topping to give it more flavor and texture.
Best Pumpkin Dump Cake
A pumpkin Dump Cake is the perfect holiday dessert to make, especially when you are craving all the flavors of a pumpkin pie but want something easier. A Dump Cake is so that for a reason, you literally dump all the ingredients together and bake! It is so easy.
If Pumpkin Pie is a tradition and a favorite at your house, you are going to love this recipe.
- Pumpkin Puree (not Pumpkin Pie Filling, you just want Pumpkin)
- Yellow Cake Mix – don’t have a yellow cake mix? Use a white cake mix or a spice cake mix.
- Evaporated Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Graham Crackers
- Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
How to Make Pumpkin Dump Cake
Mix together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie seasoning, brown sugar, and eggs.
Next, stir in the evaporated milk.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and then top with dry cake mix. Use it straight out of the box.
Now for the secret ingredient. I love to add broken up graham crackers to the top of my Pumpkin Dump Cake. It gives some great flavor and I love the crunch of the crackers. I use the same trick for my Apple Crisp. You can also add in chopped pecans if you prefer. I am just not a fan of nuts in my baked goods. But you can also use both.
Next, you will add the butter. Most Dump Cake recipes call for you to melt the butter and then drizzle it over the top. I find it is hard to get a good even coverage doing it that way so I prefer to grate my butter while it is still frozen in the food processor and then sprinkle over the top. The butter melts more evenly and you get better butter coverage.
By grating the butter, you don’t end up with dry patches of cake mix after baking. You end up with a beautiful golden brown top.
Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes and then serve it while it is warm. It is delicious at room temperature or chilled. Of course, adding a scoop of ice cream to the warm pumpkin dump cake is my favorite way to enjoy it. And take it one step further and better and add some caramel sauce too! This is my favorite homemade caramel sauce.
For more delicious pumpkin recipes check out these:
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 10 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted or frozen and grated
- 1 cup graham crackers coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the entire box of dry cake mix.
- Add graham cracker pieces and or nuts.
- Add layer of grated butter, cover entire surface.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until it is set in the middle and golden brown.
- Allow to cool and sit for 15 minutes and serve warm.