Patriotic Pizza is just not for the 4th of July. It is great for any patriotic holiday like this Memorial Day Weekend and how about Flag Dag. It is also good for any day you just want something yummy!
If you are planning a BBQ or party for the weekend and need a fun, patriotic dessert you might want to make Patriotic Pizza. This is actually a recipe I shared a few years ago – Strawberry Pizza. It is one of our family’s favorite desserts to make during strawberry season so I decided it was worthy of a repeat. I changed it up a little bit to make it more patriotic – I added blueberries! My kids just gobble this one up.
It has a cookie base with a layer of sweetened cream cheese. Top that with a strawberry glaze and then fresh strawberries and blueberries and you are almost ready to celebrate.
I think it just needs a bit of white chocolate drizzle!
You can cut it into squares or triangles, just like a pizza if you’d like. I am square girl.
What are your plans for the holiday weekend?
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 8 - 10 strawberries sliced.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter
- Form into a ball with hands and press into a 14 inch ungreased pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice
- Spread on cooled crust
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch
- Simmer until thick and glossy
- It will turn from cloudy to clear. Cool
- Spread on top of cream cheese filling
- Cut fresh strawberries crosswise to make rounds that resemble pepperoni, place on pizza and serve
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!