This 4th of July fruit pizza is perfect for any patriotic holiday, when you want to show off your red, white and blue, or when you just want a delicious berry treat!
If you are planning a BBQ or party for the next week or anytime this summer and need a fun, patriotic dessert you might want to make 4th of July Fruit Pizza This is actually a recipe I shared before – Strawberry Pizza. It is one of our family’s favorite desserts to make during strawberry season so I decided to change it up a little bit and make it more patriotic by adding blueberries for a red white and blue color scheme! My kids just gobble this one up.
How to Make Fruit Pizza
- The base of this fruit pizza is a shortbread like cookie. It is light and tender. Use a pastry blender to mix together the flour, powdered sugar and butter. Then use your hands to combine it into a ball.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper into your desired shape and bake. I have made this patriotic dessert round and also rectangular so it looks more like a flag.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla for the cream cheese layer. Spread it in an even layer on the cookie layer, leaving about 1/4 inch of cookie showing. I like to use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the pureed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cook for about 6-8 minutes until it turns thick and glossy. Allow it to cool before adding it to the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Layer your strawberries and berries to form the stripes of the flag.
The only thing left is to decide how to cut it, we always cut our pizza into squares but you can also cut it into triangles!
Other favorite Patriotic Dessert ideas:
4th of July Fruit Pizza Recipe
4th of July Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries mashed
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 qt strawberries sliced
- 1-2 cups blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter
- Form into a ball with hands and roll out into your desired shape. Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice
- Spread on cooled crust
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch
- Simmer until thick and glossy
- It will turn from cloudy to clear. Cool
- Spread on top of cream cheese filling
- Cut fresh strawberries crosswise and place on fruit pizza to make stripes. Add in blueberries between the stripes.
Originally posted May 21, 2010
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.