Create these cute Oreo Witch Shoes for a fun gift or table decor for your next Halloween party. The best part is you can eat them too!
One of the gifts I gave to my Activity Day Girls at our I Scream You Scream Witch Halloween Party were these cute Oreo Witch Shoes.
I had originally seen the idea over at Quilt Taffy who had made Oreo Elf Shoes. I changed the pattern up a bit to make my own version of Oreo Witch Shoes. I thought it would be a darling handout for the witch themed Halloween party.
The Oreo Witch Shoes also made cute decor on the table. I wanted to the girls to leave the party with an important message. I used the Wizard of Oz as my analogy and loved the quote from Glinda the Good Witch, “You had the Power all along my dear.” I asked my ever talented friend Lindi from Love the Day to create the printable tag for the oreo witch shoes.
Today I’ll share with you how I made the cute Oreo Witch Shoes!
You can download the witch shoe pattern
Oreo Witch Shoe Supplies
- Black poster board
- Clear Adhesive
- Scotch tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Oreos – 8-9 per leg.
- Clear Cellophane
What Kind Of Oreos Should I Use?
I used a combination of mint, regular and Halloween Oreos. If you use doubled stuffed Oreos you won’t need as many.
How to Make Oreo Witch Shoes
- Trace shoe pattern onto card stock and cut out.
- Cut a piece of cellophane approx. 8 x 10 and place 8-9 cookies in the center.
- Run a line of clear adhesive down the side.
Roll cookies up into cellophane so that adhesive keeps the sleeve of cookies closed.
- Leave enough cellophane up top to tie off with ribbon. Leave an inch or two on the bottom and close up the bottom with tape.
- Tie top with ribbon and add tag.
- Apply adhesive to the inside of the shoe along the toe area and bottom of toe area. Fold shoe in half.
- Insert sleeve of cookies into the heel area of shoe and punch a hole as close to the sleeve of cookies as you can get and tie closed with ribbon.
- Add adhesive to the inside of the heel area to help hold up the sleeve of cookies.
They would make a fun neighbor gift for the holiday too! I think the tag though is my favorite part.
You can download the tag here
For more details on the I Scream You Scream Witch Halloween Party check out this post.